Commissioner | Position #5
First elected to commission: November 2019
Current term ends: December 2023
Current commission office: First assistant secretary
Kristin Ang was born in Manila, Philippines, and raised in Pierce County where she lived with her Filipino-American family in both Gig Harbor and Tacoma before leaving to attend law school. Ang holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Puget Sound and a law degree from Cornell Law School. She also studied international law, business and trade at the University of Hong Kong and Kenneth Wang School of Law.
Ang currently serves on the Puget Sound Regional Council Economic Development Board and the Mid-County Leadership Team. She is a member of the Washington Public Ports Association, the Transportation Club of Tacoma and Tacoma Rotary 8. Ang is a strong believer in the power of community and civic involvement and serves as a Greater Tacoma Community Foundation ambassador and City Club of Tacoma board member.
As a Port of Tacoma commissioner, Ang is focused on environmental leadership, building collaborative community relationships, and creating economic opportunity for all of Pierce County. She is committed to increasing the competitiveness of our gateway, building a sustainable blue economy, and the transformation necessary to be an innovative, smart world-class port.
Port of Tacoma Committees
- Tribal Liaison (Puyallup Tribe of Indians)
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Northwest Seaport Alliance Work Groups/Committees
- Environmental Committee
- Tribal Liaison (Puyallup, Muckleshoot, Suquamish)
Outside Boards & Committees
- Puget Sound Regional Council Economic Development District Board
- South King County Area Transportation Board (alternate)
- Urban Waters Advisory Board (alternate)
- Washington Council on International Trade (alternate)
- Tacoma Sister Cities Council
- Mid-County Leadership Team