Commissioner | Position #4
First elected to commission: 2010
Current term ends: December 2021
Current commission office: Vice President
Don Meyer is the former executive director of the Foss Waterway Development Authority and a former deputy executive director of the Port of Tacoma.
Meyer currently serves as president of the Washington Public Ports Association and the Executive Committee. He also serves on the Regional Access Mobility Partnership (RAMP), South King County Transportation Board, University of Washington Tacoma’s Urban Studies Advisory Board and Tacoma Waterfront Association. He is also a member of Fife Milton Edgewood Area Chamber of Commerce and the Transportation Club of Tacoma.
He recently served on former Gov. Christine Gregoire’s Connecting Washington Task Force on transportation issues, is a member of Tacoma Rotary #8 and owns a small business in Pierce County.
Born and raised on a South Dakota farm, Meyer holds a bachelor’s degree in business from Pacific Lutheran University and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of South Dakota.
Port of Tacoma Committees
- Workforce Development
Northwest Seaport Alliance Work Groups/Committees
- Environmental Committee
Outside Boards & Committees
- WPPA Executive Board
- Economic Development Board Tacoma-Pierce County
- South Sound Manufacturing Industrial Council
- UW-Tacoma Urban Studies Advisory Board
- Tideflats Subarea Plan Steering Committee
- Mid-County Leadership Team
- Tacoma Waterfront Association (alternate)
- Regional Access Mobility Partnership (alternate)
- Puget Sound Regional Council Growth Management Policy Board (alternate)