- How do I apply for a job at the Port of Tacoma?
- I've never used the Port's online application system. How do I get started?
- Can you give me any tips for applying for a position?
- I submitted my application. What's next?
- I need help, who do I contact?
An online application MUST be submitted to be considered for employment with the Port. Hard copy applications and resumes are no longer accepted.
When you access the system for the first time, you will need to create a username and password. This allows you to access the system to securely enter personal information, upload a resume and complete the job application. Once you create an account, your information will be saved for future use.
- Applications will be evaluated for open positions only.
- Incomplete applications may have an effect on their consideration.
- Applications must be submitted by the advertised closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
You may view your submitted job application, update your profile information and confirm jobs applied for by returning to the online application.
To track where a position is in the hiring process, view the "filing status" on the current job openings page.
Please note the following when considering employment with the Port:
- Due to the high volume of applications received, the Port does not send out correspondence about an individual's application status.
- The most desirable candidates will be contacted by the Port directly to participate in the interview process.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, all job offers are contingent on providing acceptable proof of eligibility to legally work in the U.S.
- Job offers are contingent upon evaluation and approval of data received via the background check, the post-employment drug screening and meeting the position requirements.
If you have problems accessing the system, contact us by email at email@example.com.
Persons with disabilities who need special accommodations for the application process should contact the human resources department at 253-592-6757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.