Contracts and purchasing
The three basic types of opportunities to work with us include:
- Purchasing materials, supplies and equipment
- Professional and personal services
- Public works and small works roster
The Port does not maintain vendor lists for materials, supplies, equipment and purchased services. We may make purchases through the open market, cooperative purchasing contracts or formal advertised solicitations.
Small Works & Consultant Rosters
Our small works and consultant rosters are maintained by the Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC), a shared statewide roster service. To be eligible to work on our projects, register your company for free and select "Port of Tacoma" in your account. Contact MRSC Rosters with registration questions at 206-625-1300 or by email.
Small business resources/training
- U.S. Small Business Administration: Contracting resources | Email updates | Events
- Williams Factory Small Business Incubator
- Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center: Pierce County Regional Training Calendar | Pacific Northwest Events & Training Calendar
- WSDOT: Office of Equal Opportunity events | Subscribe to email updates for DBE contractors and consultants
- Washington State Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises: Events calendar
Public works projects
We use BSD Speclink-E as our specification development software. Our principal designers are expected to be proficient in its use and use the software for Port projects.
The Port occasionally offers surplus items for sale through public auction houses. Available items will be posted on GovDeals.