Earth Day Nature Walks
Join us on Friday, April 26, 2019, as Port Biologist Jenn takes you on a behind-the-fence tour through a section of the Port of Tacoma’s 30-acre habitat site located along the Hylebos Creek.
This free event is a rare chance to go where the general public does not have access at the "Place of Circling Waters" and learn about all the inhabitants of this valuable, intertidal wetland.
- 8 – 9 a.m.
- 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. (No more spots available)
- 11 a.m. – noon (No more spots available)
- 1 – 2 p.m. (No more spots available)
*Space is limited to 10 people per time slot
Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and footwear. This walk is suitable for all age groups.
Contact Leslie Barstow to register.
Join us on free bus tours of the Port and learn about the valuable jobs related to international trade. Tours are approximately 2 hours long.
2019 Bus Tours
- Thursday, April 25 from 1 to 3 p.m. (No more seats available)
- Tuesday, May 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. (No more seats available)
- Thursday, June 6 from 10 a.m. to noon
- **No bus tour in July**
- Thursday, Aug. 15 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, Sept. 17 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* These dates are Saturday tours
Where: Bus tours depart from the Fabulich Center, 3600 Port of Tacoma Road in Tacoma.
Space is limited and reservations are required. Children age 6 and older are welcome. Photo identification is required for passengers over 17 years of age.
Reserve your seat: Call 253-383-9463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the names of everyone in your party and a phone number where you can be reached to confirm the reservation.
Tours are subject to cancellation due to severe weather or unforeseen emergency situations.