Annual boat tours highlight port operations, jobs
Nearly 1,200 people joined us July 17 for a ship-side view of port operations on our annual guided boat tours during Tacoma Maritime Fest.
The free boat tours provided views of the working waterfront and some of the 29,000 jobs connected to port activities. The narrated tours featured fun facts about port history, development, tenants and customers.
The 2017 tours are scheduled to be July 16.
Join us on free bus tours of the Port and learn about the valuable jobs related to international trade. Tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
Bus tours for the remainder of the year:
- Feb. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. No more room
- March 7 from 2-3:30 p.m. No more room
- April 1 from 10 to 11:30 p.m. No more room
- New date: April 18 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- May 9 from 9:30 to 11 a.m. No more room
- New date: May 20* from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- New date: June 6 from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- New date: August 12* from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
* These dates are Saturday tours
Where: Bus tours depart from the Fabulich Center, 3600 Port of Tacoma Road in Tacoma.
Space is limited and reservations are required. Children age 6 and older are welcome. Photo identification is required for passengers over 17 years of age.
Reserve your seat: Call 253-383-9463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide the names of everyone in your party and a phone number where you can be reached to confirm the reservation.
Tours are subject to cancellation due to severe weather or unforeseen emergency situations.